Friday, March 5, 2010

Another meeting at SOI

Today, we finished up the final part of the movie, which was basically a summary of the other parts. I think watching this movie sort of fits with learning outcome 6- engaging with issues of global importance. It really opened my views towards the processing of food, which is globally important. Food gets shipping thousands of miles before it reaches our grocery store, and nobdoy really realizes it. People can get extremely sick if they eat the wrong food, which is something that people should be aware of globally.



We also discussed our next bake sale, which I volunteered for, which helps me to meet learning goal 3, because I am engaging in the activities and planning them. I am taking initiative by volunteering, because I am the only one who volunteered to work at the bake sale. The other three people are bringing in baked goods.



The bake sale is a week from today, so we will see how it goes.

No comments:

Post a Comment